Maryland Performing Arts Center is the premier studio for dancing lessons in Severna Park, MD. Students of all ages are prepared for a future in the world of the performing arts. We specialize in dance, theater, and voice training, with instructors for each department that are degreed and trained to help every child succeed. The individualized attention we give our students creates a path specially designed to reach their goals and dreams.
We instill a family-oriented atmosphere to make our young artists feel at home, enhancing their ability to learn and love what they do. With the end goal of auditioning for their dream dance job, college scholarships, movies, musicals, and beyond, the possibilities are endless. We’re here to help them on their journey and do everything we can to help them succeed.
Accomplishments and Accolades
Our studio's impressive resume helps us stand out as a leader in the local area. We’re more than just a place for dancing lessons; we ensure that our students have plenty of opportunities to perform and give back. Some of our previous successes include:
- 2-Time Association Of Dance Conventions and Competitions’ “Studio of Excellence Winner”
- “Best of Severna Park for Dance Instruction” 2016
- Featured in What’s Up Annapolis’ Best of Annapolis Party
- Annual Guest Performer for What’s Up Annapolis' Nutcracker Tea
- 3-Time Guest Performer for the Lardarius Webb Foundation’s Charity Softball Game in Support of Families through the United Way of Central Maryland
- 2-Time recipient of the “Sparkle in the Sky” award from the Ticket to Broadway Competition and Convention Company. Proceeds of our entries to the event were donated to The Victim Assistance Program for Domestic Violence. Our routines were so uplifting and motivational that we earned the only 2 awards given that weekend, bringing in over $1,000 to help end domestic violence.
- Participant of Events for the Steve Smith Family Foundation, Benefitting Family Health and Wellness
How We Help Our Students and Others
The structure and curriculum of our dancing lessons is designed to take students through the proper process of technical dance training with safety, strength, and knowledge of the field in mind. We offer a wide variety of classes to suit all of their needs and to guide their next step in this industry.
Along with our unique movement and voice training, we also pride ourselves on keeping an involvement with our community and with charities in and around our studio. Using our art form to benefit others is the greatest accomplishment we could ask for, and it gives our dancers an outlet to show how much the activity truly means to them. We participate in multiple charity events every year, raising money for causes such as:
- Domestic Violence
- Wounded Warriors
- Underprivileged Children
We look forward to welcoming you into our dance family. Contact us and we’ll gladly give you more information.