Our Class Descriptions
Here at MPAC, we offer a wide variety of classes and levels. Your child is sure to find the right fit in any of our beginning-advanced styles. Better your body and mind in our conditioning and strength training classes, or improve your technical skill level in any of our ballet classes. Below you will find a list of all we have to offer!
We can do professional choreography for groups, solos, duets, and trios too. Vocal lessons are also available for those brave enough to showcase their vocal talents during a special event. After mastering our beginner lessons, students can move on to our intermediate dance classes, where they learn more challenging moves and perfect their technique. We have a class for just about every genre and artistic preference, including:
- Hip Hop
- Musical Theater
- Itty Bitty Yogis
Classes for Every Interest and Age Group
From preschoolers to adults, our studio and its courses are open to everyone. Our studio is first and foremost a community atmosphere that serves to nurture and develop creative passions in the performing arts. From beginner to advanced level classes, our mission remains the same. The classes we teach and their respective audiences are outlined below:
- Beginner Combo – 3-5 Years, Ballet and Tap
- Petite Combo – 5-7 Years, Ballet, Tap, and Jazz
- Level 3 Combo – 7-9/10 Years, Ballet, Tap, and Jazz
- Junior Level – 10-12/13 Years, Individual Classes in Ballet, Pre Pointe, Tap, Modern, and Jazz
- Intermediate and Advanced Levels – Individual Classes in Ballet, Pointe, Tap, Jazz, and Movement; Students with a Strong Background in All Genres of Dance
- Conditioning / Barre – All Levels
- Acro – All Levels, Dancer Specific
- Apprentice 101 – This is a Program Designed for New Dancers Looking to Begin Their Careers in the Dance World
- Recreational Dance – a Fun Class to Learn Basic Body Placement; a Great Way to be Introduced to the Dance World While Making Friends and Learning Basic Dances from Movies and Broadway Productions
- Hip Hop – All Ages
- Vocal Training – for Beginner or Advanced Students; Private or Group Lessons are Available
- Musical Theater Production (Including Voice Training) – All Ages, the Most Current Program in the County—Halloween Performances around Town, Holiday Skit, and an End of the Year Production are Included in this Fun-Filled Class
- Introducing our new Itty Bitty Yogis Program!
Itty Bitty Yogis is designed to be a fun and nurturing way for parents to bond with your toddler while they builds skills in motor and cognitive development, improve their listening ability, and increase their coordination and strength. It is also a great way to introduce dance, music, and the arts to your family! Each class will incorporate
movement, story telling, music, rhythm, and breathing techniques to help manage every day stress and anxiety for both parent and toddler. Through these activities parents will help their children build a strong foundation for a physically active and healthy childhood and beyond. Toddlers who practice yoga are known to have fewer outbursts and behavioral struggles, better and longer night sleeps, improved digestion, increased self expression,
and higher self-esteem.
Also, children who participate in the program will be able to confidently enter Maryland Performing Arts Center’s Petite dance classes, beginning at age 5, having already established a wide variety of skills to set them up for life-long success and enjoyment in their dance education.
Our instructor and director of this program, Maya Basik, has completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training through Charm City Yoga (certification program meets the Yoga Alliance Standards to be considered a “Registered Yoga School”), as well as her supplemental “Tots to Teens” Yoga Teacher Training through Yoga on York (certification
program also meets the Yoga Alliance Standards to be considered a “Registered Yoga School”). This program is offered to children from 1-4 years of age, boy and girls, with a parent or guardian to join them in the classes. Maya is thrilled to bring this amazing one of a kind program to MPAC this fall!
Contact our staff to start dancing the day away. We can help you learn at the right pace for you.